- Dr. Carlo Ierna
Faculty of Philosophy, University of Groningen, Oude Boteringestraat 52, 9712 GL, Groningen (The Netherlands)
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- twitter: @carloierna
Areas of Specialization:
History of philosophy (19th and early 20th century), esp. history and philosophy of mathematics and logic, School of Brentano (Franz Brentano, Carl Stumpf, Anton Marty, Alexius Meinong, Christian von Ehrenfels, Edmund Husserl), early phenomenology.
Areas of Competence:
Philosophy of mind and language, history and philosophy of cognitive science and artificial intelligence, epistemology, history and philosophy of science.
- PhD in Philosophy, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (2004 – 2009)
- MSc in Cognitive Artificial Intelligence, Utrecht University (2003 – 2008)
- MA in Philosophy, Utrecht University (1998 – 2002)
- October 2012 – September 2016: postdoctoral research grant, NWO VENI, (€ 250.000,–), Utrecht University.
- October 2009 – September 2012: postdoctoral research grant, FWO – Vlaanderen (~ € 150.000,–), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- October 2004 – September 2009: doctoral research grant, FWO – Vlaanderen (~ € 150.000,–), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Editorial Board for Anton Marty: Complete Works (sdvig press)
- International Scientific Committee for Acta Mexicana de Fenomenologia
- Scientific Board of Phenomenological Reviews
Memberships and affiliations:
- North American Society for Early Phenomenology (NASEP)
- The Dutch Research School of Philosophy (Onderzoekschool Wijsbegeerte – OZSW, section committee History of Philosophy)
- Descartes Centre for the History and Philosophy of the Sciences and the Humanities
- International Circle of Husserl Scholars (Husserl Circle, webmaster)
- Member of the Utrecht Philosophical Café committee (2013 – 2016)
- Member of the Utrecht University Library commission for History of Philosophy (2012 – 2016)
- Organizer international workshop “The School of Brentano and the Rise of Scientific Philosophy” (29 & 30-09-2016, Utrecht University)
- Co-organizer FUF Symposium “Geschiedenis en Grondslagen van de Geesteswetenschappen” (16-06-2016, Utrecht University)
- Organizer Workshops of the OZSW working group “Philosophy around 1900” (01-07-2014, 03-12-2014, 29-06-2015, 24-11-2015, 20-06-2016, Utrecht University)
- Coordinator OZSW reading group “History of Phenomenology” (2014 – )
- Coordinator OZSW working group “Philosophy around 1900” (2013 – )
- Co-organizer of the Schuhmann Colloquium (13-06-2013, Utrecht University)
- Co-organizer of the Husserl Memorial Lecture (2007 – 2012, Utrecht University)
- Co-organizer of the “Graduate Workshop in Phenomenology” (2011, KULeuven)
- Co-organizer of the international conference “Philosophy – Phenomenology – Sciences” (2009, KULeuven)
- Organizer of the “Graduate Workshop in Phenomenology” (2008, KULeuven)
- Co-organizer of the international conference “Phenomenology and Language” (2006, KULeuven)
- Dutch (native)
- Italian (native)
- English (near-native, C2)
- German (near-native, C2, written C1)
- Classical Greek & Latin